We all swallow our saliva frequently and unconsciously throughout the day and night. However, some people have difficulties with remembering to swallow their saliva which leads to the saliva pooling in their mouth which, in turn, leads to drooling. Swallow prompt reminds people to swallow more frequency and leads to less build-up of saliva in the mouth. The regular reinforcement of a new behaviour (e.g. swallowing more frequently) leads to less saliva pooling in the mouth.
Articles in this section
- Contact us about Swallow Prompt
- Who is Swallow Prompt for?
- How does Swallow Prompt help?
- Do I need to have a Speech & Language Therapist to use Swallow Prompt?
- When will I need to see a Speech & Language Therapist?
- Will I need to change the settings?
- Do I need to keep Swallow Prompt on all the time?
- Is there anything else that I can do to manage my drooling?
- Why is there no button to switch the vibration on/off?
Article is closed for comments.